Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

No Greater Joy

The mission of Forgotten voices is to equip churches in Southern Africa to empower AIDS orphans and other vulnerable children. In so doing we directly help widows and the downtrodden of the world. I love this because it allows us to directly fulfill a biblical mandate; Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. (KJV). Wow. It doesn’t get too much plainer than that. My son Stephen got me involved with Forgotten Voices International several years ago. Stephen went on his first trip to Africa in 2007 and I had the opportunity to go in 2009 and then again in 2010. While these trips are always a bit depressing because you experience first hand the horrors of the AIDS epidemic and other assorted atrocities it is also an unbelievable opportunity to serve. In my opinion there is no greater joy.

Forgotten Voices is making an immediate and direct impact on peoples lives in a very positive way. This is what I love so much about the ministry. The funds raised go to the people in need and they see immediate benefit. Period. I’ve seen this first hand and it melts my heart every time I see the results whether it be with an orphan feeding program, a farming program, school fees or whatever.

My work at Forgotten Voices has been the single most rewarding thing I have ever done. It makes me feel that I am playing a small role in not only helping people who are desperately in need help but I am also helping to build the Kingdom of God. What cold be a more noble purpose or fulfilling activity? If you are considering helping out in some way – there are so many ways that you can – I highly encourage it. I can personally assure you that you will not regret it.

Steve Bozzo - Forgotten Voices Board Member and Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, 1-800-Flowers.com

No comments: