Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Different Way to Think About the Holidays

It is great to be a part of the Forgotten Voices team. I am just at the very very beginning of really getting involved.

It's amazing to read about what this organization is doing and what it means. We're approaching the holiday season and I'm thinking about the CRAZE that we all so easily become a part of- stressing out about what we have or don't have...but it makes me think about the real issues. There are children who have nothing that the Forgotten Voices team is helping.

It would be great to shift our thinking from what WE NEED to what we CAN give. I'm joining the 10 together campaign to do what I can to help a child. A little goes a long way in the countries that Forgotten Voices is reaching out to.

I want to be more involved in this work because I think it will keep me focused on others who are in need and it's neat to think about what I can do to help someone else, rather than thinking about my own needs! For me, it is a way that I can touch a life even though I am not physically out there- I can still be a part of it.

Amma Johnson - Singer, Songwriter and Entrepreneur

No comments: