Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1/20: Travel Home & Sadness

This has been one of the more challenging trips of my 10 to Africa.
I'm emotionally and physically tired, leaving with all not
accomplished that I had hoped for. As always, I planned for WAY too
much for a short trip -- this one by myself from the states.

However - you all need to know that SOOOO much good came out of it, as
well. I'm anxious to sit and write a lot when I get home.

I haven't had power or internet for over a week now, so this is a short summary.

HIGHS:
- Launching new projects in Zambia
- GREAT weather -- about 80 every day
- Great new friendships and stronger old ones
- Access to drugs when i got sick in Zimbabwe after Zambia

LOWS:
- Bad virus that impacted me for about 7 days
- Sinking my vehicle -- it was bad...story to come
- The seat I had on the way to Africa --- too crammed - pray that i
can change on my way back as i have the exact same one

OK - this isnt even close to what i wanted to write or what needs to
be written. i have a lot to process about chickens, goals, manure,
orphans, illnesses, death, joy, farming, 1.25 quadrillion to 1 USD in
zimbabwe, etc. A LOT of joys and happiness, as well as the challenges
ahead.

most of all - i miss my wife after being away for 3 weeks. she's a
saint. if you've called or emailed her while i've been away, THANK
YOU.

I leave now for Johannesburg, there for about 3 hrs and then 18.5 hrs
to DC via senegal, arriving at 6am on the 21st.... I"m sad to miss the
festivities the day before in DC.

I'll be home with my wife on the 22nd in the evening -- lots of plane
trips ahead.

Miss you all and look forward to writing more,
Thanks, sincerely, for praying --- it's been hard, but your prayers
have surely sustained me,
Ryan

--
Note from Ryan Keith, Forgotten Voices
717.506.0633 (office) | 717.918.4767 (fax)
Skype: BulawayoBandit | Ryan@ForgottenVoices.org
Empowering Orphans: Local People, Local Projects.
Find out how you can use your voice at www.ForgottenVoices.org
Read Ryan's Blog here: http://www.travelwithfvi.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad you are OK. I've been checking every day and hoping that you are well. We anticipate your stories of struggle, suffering, inspiring faith and small miracles.

God bless and rest up.
Joy

Annie said...

Safe travels home Ryan. I'm looking forward to reading more when you get a chance to write.