Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Prayer Requests from Ryan


As we begin the final leg of preparation before departing for Africa on May 12:

Pray for Stephen Bozzo, who is joining me on this trip. It is his first trip to Zimbabwe. He's a videotographer from New York and a friend from Messiah. Pray for safety as we travel to the world's worst economy and rising political tension. Inflation is now at 2100%, making already tense situations unbearable for most people.

Pray for wisdom for me as I will see so many opportunities that I'll have to decline far more than we take on.  We need to raise $7,000 more for projects before I leave on May 12. Pray for God's provision in that and that people who hear of this need will respond.

Given all the political tension, pray for God's hand in connecting us to the right people that we need to meet. Everyone wants to be our friend when the economy is bad, and many won't be helpful. Finally, pray for peace for me and our projects as the AIDS situation is creating about 1,000 new orphans every day.  This is often heartbreaking work to meet with people that you cannot help. It weighs on me daily and seeing it everyday for 2 weeks leaves me open for doubting God. It is hard to see so much that can be done and it is hard not to feel responsible for this inability to help.

Pray for us daily, as this will arguably be the most difficult trip yet given the economic and health situation.

There are many requests and this is long, but I wanted to give you my heart, as I know you'll pray. With everything going on, and all the money left to be raised, I take joy in the fact that God will have to be the provider. I cannot do it. My hope and trust for God's provision grows daily, despite these challenges. Our God is an awesome God and I'm so blessed to be able to serve Him.

Most groups are leaving ZImbabwe and many more are doubting that anything can be done. This is truly a forgotten area of the world right now and these children are forgotten voices. However, God's love is a love of hope. Forgotten Voices is staying and investing in the dreams and hopes of church leaders, who are working to empower orphans in their communities. I'm confident in the vision God has given us as an organization and I pray that people will join us in helping us fulfill that vision of demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of AIDS orphans in their communities.

Thanks for praying, friend! You are loved and prayed for, as well.

--
Note from Ryan Keith
Forgotten Voices International

Office: 717.506.0633
Cell: 717.649.0667
Email: RKeith@ForgottenVoices.org
Web: www.ForgottenVoices.org

FVI: EMPOWERING ORPHANS

No comments: