Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

From the Other Guy

This is Stephen Bozzo, that other guy on the trip.
 
Ryan and I are heading off to speak with some Gordon-Conwell seminary students who are here in town visiting TCZed. We then will be heading to the Free Methodist Church for a town prayer meeting where Ryan will be giving a little sermonette (I don't think I am speaking also?!?!?!?!) -- so I can only write briefly, hopefully in a few days I can elaborate more on everything. Today we started at the Free Methodist Church where we met with Fibian the head pastor (TCZed grad) and we discussed a new project building a pre-school on the newly fenced in FMC property. The interesting thing about this project is that it is going to be done not in your traditional style, however instead with local workers and local materials with the help of another NGO called Technology For the Poor which is run by former Messiah Professor Job Ebenezer. It is such a fascinating idea and it is my understanding that Mr. Ebenezer has been successful so far. The idea looks as if it can work brilliantly here for the pre-school at the FMC. From there we played a little soccer with Horace and Ronald (two of Fibian's main assistants) and we took them to a nice lunch in the city. They were all extremely appreciative and they seemd to be enamored (spell?) with my camera and Ryan's blackberry.
I can't say enough good things about Ryan and Forgotten Voices so I won't say any here (haha), but please know that I will elaborate more. This has been an amazing and eventful and educational trip, I feel blessed, and I am thankful to Ryan and my supporters/donators. This is a beautiful country with beautiful people and they are gracious when we can provide them with some sort of aid. Have a great day.
Stephen Bozzo

No comments: