Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What I Have Been Doing



2 of 2 Updates Today

Here is what I have actually be doing. Since coming from Mtshabezi on Saturday I have been keeping myself pretty busy. The Anderson family (Paul, Syliva, 4 kids, Danielle, Emma, Scott, and Abby) have been kind to put me up for these past few days. They are a great family and are really just nice people who love to give of their time and their privacy. Down at Mtshabezi I had busted a tire so I was unable to go to church in the western suburbs which I had planned and told some of the leaders over there that I was going to be there. So on my spare I made it back to The Rock church. The service was good, and then a nice family the Thompson's invited me back to their house for Sunday lunch. After lunch I spent the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying time with the Andersons because I knew that I would have a busy week. We played Clue (or as they call it Cluedo for some reason, apparently in Britain and Zim it is Cluedo but I don't know what the bogusness is all about cause I know it as Clue, no do), and then we played football (a.k.a. soccer) outside. The kids went to bed and Paul, Sylvian and myself watched The Italian Job. It was pretty relaxing day I must say.

Monday consisted of me fixing the car, which took longer then anticpated, spending some time over at TCZed, interviewing the Andersons, making a ton of local phone calls to secure-in my week. Today I woke up at 6:30 for a morning meeting, and then headed back over to TCZed with a quick meeting with head of TCZ Victor Nakah, I spent some time with a frend, and then went over to an extremely interesting meeting with former Bishop of the BICC church in Zimbabwe Jake Shenk and his wife. I am taking this week to sort of fact-find for  a future FVI documentary, prepare for that accordingly, and also do interviews for some articles that I am writing for certain publications. Bishop Jake was great. He is extremely highly respected in this community. He speaks fluent Ndebele (the native tounge in the western part of Zimbabwe) and actually wrote there first ever dictionary. Jake, as you can probably tell from the name is an American man. He is in his 70s and has lived her for 50 years. He is a Messiah alum, and seems to just know Zimbabwe backwards and forwards. I was interested to learn that he has had many meetings with "His Excellency" President Mugabi himself. Jake has been a huge supporter of Forgotten Voices and is just a really interesting and engaging person. I am really glad that I got to spend some time with him today. Now I am heading out to interview two more people and I am excited to keep on learning about this interesting country and these interesting people.

I gotta go,
Stephen

No comments: