Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I am nervous!

I'm nervous and need prayer. It hit me like a ton of bricks tonight that in 1 weeks time I'll be on an airplane, traveling to a country that I've never visited before to see some projects that I still know very little about. God will have to be the only option for this trip's success.

The Bible says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer & petition, present your requests to God and let the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guide your heart and mind in Christ Jesus." This verse is written out for me on a map of Zimbabwe. The team I led in August 2006 gave it to me. One one side of the map is a picture of me holding a 9 year old boy named Peterson. On the other is the logo of Forgotten Voices International.

As you read this, take a moment and truly reach out and pray for my travels to Zambia and Zimbabwe. Pray that God comforts my heart and provides direction for my steps. There are so many uncertainties to traveling in Africa and I am going by myself for the first week. God will provide and I look forward to watching him unfold His journey for me.

Your nervous traveler requesting prayer,
Ryan

No comments: