Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A quick word from Ryan

I'm thankful for you. This is such a quick message that I debated even writing it. Today was the kind of day when it really REALLY struck me how thankful I am for all of you --- that make this work happen.

Today, I met 8 unique, precious children who are living and growing because of you. Your gifts have helped each of them and those that care for them to remain hopeful in the midst of a seemingly hopeless situation. You all have helped equip our church partners to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities.

In truth, I'm emotionally and physically spent. I know you haven't heard from me directly yet, except by Twitter. Internet has been soooo sporadic. Tomorrow, I hope to post a few stories from our time in Zambia.

A special shout out of thanks to Brian Reilly for faithfully updating this blog, though I am now around to do it. Thanks, Brian! You are helping bring people close to the work our network is allowing to happen, by God's grace.

I really need to sleep. Pray for healing, as I now have a bad skin rash that is incredibly sore. Thanks so much.

Ryan

No comments: