Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quick update and request for prayer

This past Sunday, I stood before a couple hundred people at West Shore E Free Church over a 5 hour period the day after getting off the plane. There, I promised to write daily accounts of my trip this week. Clearly, this has not happened.

In short, this week has involved a ton more than I imagined it would - including recovery from this rash and almost complete exhaustion. I had high hopes for this week and it hasn't really happened yet. :) So, my apologies.

I did want you to ask for prayer for my continued recovery. I'm starting to get a bit sick and the pace I'm going is not sustainable. My graduate classes resume Monday to start my final semester at Harvard and being ready for that physically & mentally is important.

Thanks in advance for your grace. Words cannot express the joy I feel over what I saw and who I met over the past 2 weeks in Africa. Hopefully this weekend and into next week, after I've rested, I'll be able to take you on more of our journey. For the delay, my apologies.

Thanks for your love, support, and passion for the work of local churches in southern Africa. Without you, our ability to equip them with the resources they need would be far more difficult. Thanks! By God's grace, we go forward.

All the best,
Ryan

No comments: