Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Sunday, November 9, 2008

11/9: Energy for the race

Friends - My beautiful wife, Katie, is preparing for a marathon. Lately, my Saturdays have been spent driving along the streets of Boston, a few miles ahead of her, waiting with Gatorade, water, and these quite tasty jelly beans with energy for runners. She could definitely run long distances without that stuff, but it helps her refuel and finish the race stronger than she would without them.

When I think about my own "race" to lead Forgotten Voices, I see a lot of similarities. I often run so fast and for so long that I forget the importance of refueling.

This week, I traveled from Boston to Pennsylvania to spend time with our Leadership Team. We had a Board of Directors meeting on Friday afternoon and a fun night on Friday night. Then, last night 2 buddies of mine got together to work on stuff for Forgotten Voices, but did it really casually - a good mix of fun and some work. This weekend was a REAL energy boost to hang out with folks. Sometimes, in the race, we forget to take time to just enjoy each others company.

For all I got to see - thanks. For all I didn't - I hope to see you soon. I'm packing up and driving back to Boston - 7 hours.

Lots of love from Central PA,
Ryan

No comments: