Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Monday, April 14, 2008

Video of AIDS Crises in Zimbabwe (BBC)

Friends - I must confess. I am overwhelmed. To read about statistics is one thing. To speak in public and share the stories of faith in the midst of trial often leaves me inspired. But to see...to experience... to know pain is difficult.

Today, as I wrestled through my own pain and suffering for our friends in Zimbabwe, I called a friend. I had an interesting conversation with this close spiritual adviser. Through our conversation, I again learned that the Bible calls us to love and protect the vulnerable among us...the least among us as some translations call these special people. They have become vulnerable for a reason.... many difficult reasons.

For us to love and respond in the midst of their suffering is required of us and for them. Join me in watching this BBC video from February on the Zimbabwean AIDS crises. I just came across it today. Then, consider making a gift to Forgotten Voices and join me in this important, albeit difficult work, of responding out of love and thought...even if it is hard for you to give or to observe the conditions your funds are used in. It is our great joy to work alongside those that have chosen to look after vulnerable AIDS orphans in their local communities in southern Africa.

Thank you! Sincerely. -Ryan

Zimbabwe AIDS Crises
(Video - BBC)
(Ryan's Note: Topics discussed and some images shown may be difficult for children. Screening should take place before showing to kids)

No comments: