Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Reflections on the Week from Ryan & Update

Friends - Thank you for your vigilant prayer this week. I join you in committing all of this to the Lord.

The most recent update I have for you can be found here: Guardian UK article: "Mugabe Ready to Contest Run-Off." I cannot emphasize enough that so much hangs in the balance. So much could change so quickly. Please continue to be fervent in your prayers for my 2nd home.

Two other articles that you may find interesting to help you understand the mood, torn people groups:
1) For Zimbabwean War Veterans, Hopes of a Second Liberation (Guardian UK)
2) Zimbabwe's MDC Court Bid Blocked (BBC News)

Many of you have also asked about my emotions this week and to share with you how I've been feeling. I thank you for your concern. There is no doubt it has been one of the more difficult weeks of my time leading Forgotten Voices. So much uncertainty, faith, peril, promise, and doubt. A roller coaster of thoughts and feelings.

However, I join our brothers and sisters in Africa in my prayer to renew my mind and heart in service to the Lord. Too often, it is easy to get lost in what we are all capable of doing and to take joy in what we have accomplished because of our talents, time, and energy. However, all we hope to do and ever hope to be is found in giving glory and honor to our God. This week, as you continue praying for my friends in Zimbabwe, I ask that you offer all of this up to God.

Right in front of my eyes on my desk is a passage that has come to mean so much to me... Romans 12: 2. This is followed by a collection of statements that a pastor shared in his sermon during a week that I was praying over my struggle to continue giving our ministry over to God each day.

At the end of this post, I share this with you. But first...Be encouraged dear brothers and sisters. Our God is a mighty God. He sees the pain, the agony, and sees our defeat as humans. However, our God is a God of mercy. A God of grace. A God of deeper compassion than we can fathom. I see that God at work everyday and it is through that sight that I take faith in the knowledge that God is God and I am merely Ryan. Our God sees Zimbabwe and our God sees the suffering of the Zimbabwean people. He will save us all.

Pray on. Our God Reigns!
-Ryan

This collection of a passage and passion on my wall that I referenced earlier reads like this...
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2

God is "I AM"
i know "I AM"
i want to know "I AM" better

TO GOD BE THE GLORY
TO GOD BE THE PRAISE
TO GOD WE GIVE THANKS FOR ALL!

i am NOT

No comments: