Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Greetings from the Big City

Sadly for some of us, our time in Africa has come to a close. We depart for the USA on Wednesday afternoon at about 3pm. We first go to South Africa and then split up, with 3 of us going to DC and 2 going to New York.

I can't thank you all enough for praying for us while we've been here! I'm so proud of our team and the work we've done here. It has been a tremendous blessing to travel with this crew. While every team is different, I don't think I've ever felt so good about every aspect of our trip!

For me, I'm SO excited about sharing the stories with you when I get back! things haven't gone as planned regarding access to share pictures etc. But the people here are doing amazing work with the funds you all provide us. Thank you! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

While I'm sad to leave, I AM VERY happy that I"ll be with my wife again on Thursday! I've been away for 3 weeks after just under 3 months of marriage. Thank you to all that helped support her while I've been away!

Will write more tomorrow and then from South Africa before our 23 hr flight home. Blessings to you all!

-Ryan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan-
I am really looking forward to catching up with you and hearing everything you can share. Out thoughts and prayers are really with you and with the people of Zimbabwe. Blessings,
Joy Kauffman