Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4/6: YEBO - 129 kids back in school


YEBO, an ndebele word, is often shouted loud in our house when I get excited. It has many meanings, but is commonly used as YES or I SEE YOU. When shouted with glee, it is loosely translated YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

I NEED for you to know...

this Monday, because of funds we sent today, an additional 129 kids (96 primary & 33 secondary kids) in Zimbabwe return to school with books, shoes, and uniforms because of your investment. We are partnering with a church to get 129 kids, many who have lost a parent or are sadly watching 1 pass away, back to school as this church works to serve the needs of these kids and those caring for them. Pictures of some of children are below from my most recent trip. THANKS!

To date - we've already helped local churches in Zimbabwe & Zambia send over 2,000 kids back to school this year!! PRAISE GOD!

This work that we do is only possible because of 3 things:
a) God's incredible grace to let us love others, as His Son loved us
b) The local, faithful, and loving work of people on the ground in Africa that are choosing to say yes to loving the most vulnerable...even though no would be more convenient. They are trustworthy, screened personally by me and our team. I know them. I've stayed in their homes and played with kids in their communities.
c) YOUR faithfulness to us and our mission - recognizing that together, by God's grace, you and churches in Africa can meet the needs of AIDS orphans and those that care for them.

Without any 1 of those parts, I'd be just a guy talking on my phone a lot with stiff knees from the back & forth travel to make sure your dollars are going where they are needed most.

You are so incredible to love like Christ loved you. Today, celebrate with me at God's unfailing love for you and me...and these kids, their families, their caretakers, and their communities that will have a brighter year because of the 3 things I've listed here.

Thanks!

-Ryan

To keep using your voice - tell a friend about us and give a gift today!



No comments: