Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Monday, April 27, 2009

4/27: Time Alive... 10,811 days

So, I have this counter tool on Google that tells me how long its been since I was born, thus how long I've been alive.

Today: 10811 days 17 hours 15 mins
Since Time Alive 20-Sep-1979 17:00

I don't look at it every day, or even every week. But occasionally, I do look at it. It reminds me that every day has a beginning and an end; everyday has successes to celebrate and missed opportunities that I didn't seize that hopefully will come my way again. I'm not anxious about it at all, but encouraged... encouraged to press on.

It's incredible what God can do in a day. This morning, I was reading Genesis 1-3 in the library. Talk about productivity, beauty, power, grace, and even a rest in there. I like reading that part of scripture because it always reminds me that I am Ryan and God is God. We can't help all the people dying, or help all the kids sick in the world.

But God does give us today. God does give us talents and wishes, longings to be used by Him...longings to love and be loved.

Today, 500 people will die from AIDS related illnesses in Zimbabwe alone, with a little less dying today in Zambia. Both of these are countries where Forgotten Voices is working with the local church to equip them with the resources they need to create local, custom responses to the physical & spiritual needs of AIDS orphans in their communities.

So, as I live out day 10,811 of my life, I'm encouraged by the unique opportunity you and I have to breath, give life to others, and make today count.

Many of you continue to give, despite the downturn in the economy. Thanks! For those of you that haven't given in awhile, please consider doing so. Either way, you can learn more about us at http://ForgottenVoices.org.

No comments: