Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Thursday, August 14, 2008

8/14: My beloved Katie

On Monday, August 11th, Katie and I celebrated our first year of marriage together. I'm so thankful for her. When we got married, I gained a ministry partner and the opportunity to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.

Words cannot express how much she has meant to me and the ministry of Forgotten Voices. Our ministry partners in Africa ask about her more than me. :) And those that have met her confirm over and over how fortunate I am to be hanging out with her.

So I love her for LOTS of reasons. Here are just some of the reasons why:
  1. I love her eyes
  2. I love her family
  3. I love the way she blows her hair out of her mouth
  4. I love the way she squishes her nose
  5. I love that she'll listen to me tell the same story (again & again) cause I forget that I already told her
  6. I love the way she (sometimes) avoids making left turns
  7. I love the way she reads so intently and then shares what she learns
  8. I love that she loves to run even though I hate it way more than she loves it
  9. I love the way she makes mashed potatoes
  10. I love that she loves God and helps me learn to love God more
  11. I love finding her hair in my car, my books, etc
  12. I love that she loves kids
  13. I love that she loves to learn
  14. I love the way she sings AND how she lets me blow my "trumpet" for as long as I want even though she doesn't like how loud I get
  15. I love that she lets me dance in such a way that may sometimes embarrass her
  16. I love the way I find her hair clips everywhere, but she never can find 1
  17. I love that she loves me
  18. I like (and am learning to love) the way she prepares more vegetables for me than I can possibly eat in one sitting
  19. I love how she is so patient with me
  20. I love that she makes me want to be a better husband, man, and child of God
  21. I love that she likes ice in her water, but no ice in everything else
  22. I love that she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO patient with me (again)
  23. I love that she loves board games
  24. And I LOVE that we have just begun another year together!

Happy Anniversary, Katie!

-Ryan

No comments: