Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Saturday, June 14, 2008

6/14: Animals, Rest, and Planning

Friends - Today we set out for 2 days to Hilltop Camp at Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Park. Katie has never seen an elephant outside the zoo, despite our best efforts at Hwange National Park in Zim when Katie first came in August 2006. Hilltop came highly recommended by lots of people.

It will be an 380k drive up the eastern coast of South Africa, which I hear is beautiful, along the Indian Ocean. This is quite nice, as our $100 USD for the week car rental is proving to be a bargain.

You can find more information about Hluhluwe-Imfolozi and Hilltop Camp by going to their website here.

Please be praying for us as Katie and I take some time to begin unwinding from the sometimes traumatic things we have seen, as well as plan for how to respond to the incredible people we have met. God has clearly laid burdens on my heart this trip and given me a vision for how to respond to all that I've seen this trip. But our 2 days at Hilltop will provide us a more tranquil place to pray, consider, and plan these things before we step back into the craziness that is American life.

Finally - please continue to pray for my health. Holding hands of dying people and interacting with sick children is a great joy to me. But I'm also sick because of it. Please be praying for me as I continue to recover and avoid getting sicker.

We are off to enjoy God's creation! We'll try to check back Monday night with you all when we get back.

-Ryan & Katie

No comments: