Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

liftoff

Katie and I are now seated, row 54, Seats H & K. Its a good row for conversations with strangers. I've sat in this same seat and request this area if an exit row isn't possible. 5 rows in front of the bathroom and near a stretch area.

I love having Katie along. Its been awesome already! Soooo much better than tearful goodbyes.

2 downsides: less conversations with complete strangers and seats are a little bit worse. SAA is always willing to move me because I fly so much, but I don't carry enough weight or influence (or charisma) to move her too.

So the plus sides: I get to sit next to my best friend for 15+ hrs AND I can pass out not worrying about leaning on a hunter named Calvin from South Africa.

All good things. :) this will be fun.

Hope to check in when we land at about 3:05pm local time...9am tomorrow for those in EST.

Thanks for praying... The journey can now begin. The guy behind me is a hoot! I will share what promises to be a pleathera of stories during our flight.

Best,
Ryan

No comments: