Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Grantham BIC Church - Learning from a Lifetime

Tonight, I have the good fortune of speaking at the Grantham Church in Grantham, PA at 6pm if you are in the area. This church is considered the homeland of the BIC movement in the United States. The Brethren in Christ reached out to Zimbabwe in the late 1800s and have maintained a strong working relationship with the people through today.

It is an honor to speak to a church full of missionaries that had served in Zimbabwe for longer than I've been alive and a body committed to caring for the vulnerable...no matter where they live and the sacrifice it may cost. They are knowledgeable about the issues and passionate about living out the commands Christ has for us.

Every time I go to southern Africa, regardless of whether it is in Zambia or Zimbabwe or somewhere else, I meet someone that has been touched by the Grantham Church in some way. I'm always humbled by the sacrifice of so many for so long to improve the lives of people ... whether they are BIC in Zimbabwe or BIC in the USA. The Brethren in Christ are Christians that have taught me much about love and service. They embody what Christ has called on us to live.

Tonight, I am speaking to a church that is heroic. They probably wouldn't say so, but I do. After just 4 years of serving Zimbabwe, I realize I have a lifetime of lessons to learn from this Church. I am excited to see what comes out of tonight, as we join hands and serve together.

Our God is an AWESOME God and He was incredibly wise to create us to be far more effective when we worked to build His kingdom...rather than work to build our own. What a mighty God we serve!

-Ryan

No comments: