Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Thursday, February 26, 2009

2/26: A new kind of love

I'm around and so are you. Your gifts are helping change lives on the other side of the world. Love stories that will trump many of the ones you remember from childhood days. This week, especially today, I've been overwhelmed by the need to pause and share what is happening, by God's grace, to equip our friends in Africa.

The thing that always gets me -- and you all see the evidence of it -- is that in my desire to get going and start new things to help new kids and new churches, I forget to tell you all what's going on. I'm VERY much trying to get better at that.

This weekend - I hope to set aside some time to post a video with pictures and reflections on a couple of exciting new initiatives.

I'll just stir your appetite a bit...

Yesterday - in partnership with local leaders in a community, we started a new project that will send 129 kids to school next week in Zimbabwe. In addition, we started a project that will help train women in this same community to make school uniforms for the 750 kids that go to school in the rural community.

This week and next, we'll also launch projects in Zambia that will send more kids to school in March. And a farming project in Zimbabwe will train more leaders in farming, so they can yield better crops in the next planting season.

All this week.

Yah - so I know I need to do a better job of helping you all see what's happening. As I stumble along, keep praying! the road is bumpy and uncertain in places that we are working.

Wait until Saturday. I hope you'll be inspired like I am -- EVERY DAY!

-Ryan

No comments: