Forgotten Voices' Mission:

"Demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ by equipping local churches in southern Africa to meet the physical & spiritual needs of children orphaned by AIDS in their communities."

Friday, July 25, 2008

"Echoes from Zambia"


Hi, my name is Remmy Hamapande, a new member of the Forgotten Voices International Family here in Zambia. This is Irene, my wife and Genney our lovely niece. Its good to be part of the family with a passion in orphan care because thats where my heart of ministry is too. I hope to learn more and offer my time and service to God's ministry through FVI.


My family and I are currently staying at The Theological College of Central Africa (TCCA), as my wife is in her final year of study. She is currently doing her internship at a government school here in Ndola and Genney is doing her grade seven at a basic school near home. As you can see two members of my family are quite busy with school and I fill the gap of cooking; making sure that when they come home they find food is ready.


We go to Chifubu Brethren in Christ church, just about five minutes drive from home. The church has about thirty commited members. It is quite a small church that was opened as a product of Kwacha Brethren in Christ Church in 2006 by our cell group when I was still in college.


Please do pray for us as a family as we seek God's face in this new family of ours. Pray for Irene as she nears her internship. Also pray for Genney as she writes her mid year grade seven exams. Finally pray for our small church as we look for a church plot to build our own church building. God bless you!

No comments: